An Icon Of Secularism Or Supporter Of Jihad? The Real Aamir Khan
After Bollywood actor Aamir Khan’s meeting with Turkey’s first lady Emine Erdogan, the social media platforms were bombarded with posts drawing a similarity between him and Turkey’s President Recep Tayip Erdogan’s inclination towards medieval Islam.
Is this similarity being drawn right?
Aamir Khan was born into a Khumra Muslim family to film producer Tahir Hussain and Zeenat Hussain, who are descendants of sipahi. A sipahi was an infantryman armed with a musket in the army of the Mughal Empire.
The actor is related to Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad through his grandmother. Maulana Azad was a staunch and radical Islamist who was the most prominent Khilafat leader.
Khilafat movement was aimed to restore the Ottoman Empire and preserve the authority of the Ottoman Sultan as Caliph after breaking of the empire at the end of the First World War.
Initially, the alliance between Khilafat and Indian National Congress leaders was successful, but later the movement turned into an anti Hindu movement. Malabar witnessed the most horrific of scenes where over 10,000 Hindus were done to death by Moplahs.
Maulana Azad had also said that Ottoman Caliph was the only one sword which is in the defence of Islam and criticised liberal Muslims who rejected Caliphate, saying that time has come to discriminate between faith and kufr (non-belief).
In less than three decades, this movement gave political legitimacy to a bunch of rabid fanatics, who divided the country into India and Pakistan. This failed movement Turkey’s President wants to restore and one can imagine the after-effects of it.
Maulana Azad, in 1945 as Congress President, had agreed to a proposal of rotating Indian headship – meaning India would have a Hindu and then a Muslim head of the state and army chief by turns.
Knowing him as the first education minister of the country, who was an open supporter of Jihad, is scary as one can imagine the damage this has unleashed on India and its education system during his tenure.
So, neither there should not be any doubts about Aamir Khan belonging to a staunch, conservative and orthodox Muslim family, nor his meeting with the wife of the radical Islamist ruler of Turkey.
Following are some statements that display his radical Islamic mindset.
- In an interview with Shekhar Gupta in 2005, Aamir had accused PM Narendra Modi for killings of thousands of people in Gujarat riots who was then Gujarat CM and made him and BJP responsible for Gujarat riots.
Whereas, the truth is that the left-liberal cabal had conspired to frame Modi, but the Supreme Court gave him a clean chit.
- A month before 2014 general elections when all the news surveys were giving clear majority to BJP, Aamir appealed to people of India wishing for a fracture mandate knowingly very well that UPA-1 and 2 were disaster coalition governments.
His dreams were shattered after BJP, on its own, became the majority party to form the government, but gave cabinet berths to NDA partners. Wishing a fractured mandate reflected Aamir’s inherent hate for Hindutva party.
- In 2015, Aamir had called India an intolerant nation and said he and his wife felt insecure in India.
However, his hypocrisy came to the fore when he did not utter a word against the inhuman killings of the Hindus by the Muslims in Delhi riots.
- In 2006, Aamir had joined hands with Medha Patekar to protest against BJP government’s decision to raise the height of Narmada dam which stopped the development of Gujarat and Madya Pradesh.
- Aamir through his movie and TV show Satyamev Jayate promoted Hinduphobia but never spoke a word against Halala, triple Talaq.
ज्ञान अनमोल हैं, परंतु उसे आप तक पहुंचाने में लगने वाले समय, शोध, संसाधन और श्रम (S4) का मू्ल्य है। आप मात्र 100₹/माह Subscription Fee देकर इस ज्ञान-यज्ञ में भागीदार बन सकते हैं! धन्यवाद!
Select Subscription Plan
Make One-time Subscription Payment
KAPOT MEDIA NETWORK LLP
HDFC Current A/C- 07082000002469 & IFSC: HDFC0000708
Branch: GR.FL, DCM Building 16, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi- 110001
SWIFT CODE (BIC) : HDFCINBB
Paytm/UPI/Google Pay/ पे / Pay Zap/AmazonPay के लिए - 9312665127
WhatsApp के लिए मोबाइल नं- 9540911078