Disclaimer: Written by Shail Derashri and Varun Kulkarni, those who supported and voted for BJP and Narendra Modi. This is the third and the final part in the article series “Modi Government Policies – The Optics v/s The Facts”. It is highly recommended to read this article series in a chronological order. If you have not yet read Part 1, please read it here. If you have not read Part 2, please read it here.
Hinduwadi, Hundiwadi or Treason of Triptikaran? Where did we go Wrong?
“DONG!” Echoed rhythmic sounds of the temple bells that reverberated through the devotees as they joined in with the Shankhnaad! Grandeur of the Aarti was nothing less than a celebration as the light from deepams cast a mellow glow on the happy faces – both of the Devata and of the Devotees. The atmosphere was fluid with sweet scents of flowers, chandan, kapur and deepams lit in ghee. The devotees watched in delight and love as their eyes filled with tears of joy when Naivedyam was offered to their devata. They waited in gratitude to partake in the Prasadam. For them, darshan of their devata was simple – no ticket, no VIP lines, no sealed locks on Hundi, no CCTV cameras recording their personal moment with their Devata. Flowers came from the vast fields that belonged to their Devata, Prasadam was prepared from the bounty that grew in the lands that belonged to their devata, Ghee was from gaushalas that belonged to their Devata, musicians and dancers trained, played and danced for their Devata. Families gathered under the centuries old Banyan tree to pray after taking a dip in the temple pond. Temple was not just the sacred residence of their Devata but also a community center with a vast thriving ecosystem. The king considered Devata as the ruler of the land. He paid tax and gave endowments to the temple.Here are some fantastic temples with outstanding powers.
One ill-fated day, a democratic representative bereft of dharma took control of the temple under the pretext that temple management was improper. Suddenly, the connection between the devotees and their devata had a “middle-man”. Lost were sounds of resonating temple bells, the Shankhnaad, the musicians and the dancers; lost were fragrances of chandan, ghee and flowers; lost was the Naivedyam, for these were replaced by VIP darshans, packaged
Prasadam, commercialized vendors selling puja essentials, sealed locks on hundi, pathetic archaka salary, and “temple management board” dominated by non-Hindus. Devotees watched in horror as the democratic representative exercised muscle power of the State to silence anyone that spoke against these dastardly actions.
With time, devotees got used to the “middle man”, but little did they know that more sinister actions were yet to come. Everytime the Hundi was opened, the state representative’s eyes sparkled. Slowly the Hundi offerings meant for the Devata began to be siphoned off by the State with the reason of using them for community well being and upliftment. The Beast had tasted blood, and there
was no stopping it now. (Image above: July 2020 salary for archaka in a TN temple)
Temple donations came under strict vigil and dakshina to archakas was disallowed. Violations were captured in CCTVs across the temple, including the Garbhagriha. Show cause notices were issued to Archakas for failing to put the smallest dakshina in Hundi. Rate-list for Devata darshan became the new normal as Archaka salary replaced dakshina.
Temple loot began to be utilized for funding Abrahamic welfare schemes, awarding temple contracts to Abrahamics, aiding WAQF capture of temple lands, preparing Prasad with Halal ingredients (Halal isn’t limited to meat – find out facts of Halal here), mortgaging/melting gold offered to the Devata to borrow money from banks, thus crippling the thriving Hindu ecosystem around temple.
What if this fantastic sounding scenario were true? What if such a wretched take over of our sacred spaces is not only biased but also permanent and their deracinated wanton destruction is done by a “Hinduwadi” government, to strengthen those with a rabid hate for idol-worshipers?
Temples: Teertha-Kshetras or Tourist-Spots
“Such a demolition drive was not carried even during the days of Mahmud of Ghazni” roared VHP’s Ashok Singhal in 2008 as he voiced his pain against the demolition drive carried out by Narendra Modi – CM of Gujarat, where over 300 temples were destroyed, while 1 dargah and 1 christian prayer hall bore the brunt of demolition. Deception to Hindu civilizational identity began with one statement when Narendra Modi got elected in 2014 and made the statement “देवालय से पहले शौचालय”. In one blow, our sacred temples had been equated to Shauchalayas (Toilets) and we rejoiced. Such statements bring forth the absolute contempt for Hindu religion that forms the core of “Hinduwadi” party. A laundry list of anti-civilization decisions were yet to unfold, and with each decision, the brutality of the attack on civilizational identity by the Modi Government only grew! Here is a list of decisions that can only be seen as having the malintent of breaking Hindu civilizational identity:
- Failure to repeal the “Places of Worship Act” and going all out on a rampage to destroy ancient small temples which do not contribute much to the money hungry government and building corridors instead that present the devotee with a “rate-list” to do darshan of their devata not only means that the loot of Hindu sacred spaces continues but also means that the shackles of government around temple hundis have gotten stronger.
- “Double-Engine” BJP government in September 2019 took over 51 temples in Uttarakhand including Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri by forming Char Dham Devasthanam Board.
- Replacing ancient temples near Mahakal Mandir, Ujjain with plastic Saptarishi idols which were knocked off to the ground by a mild breeze.
- Messing with temple traditions and agamas of ancient temples – example Sabarimala, Shani Shignapur
5. BJP’s “Double Engine” Madhya Pradesh government is training jail inmates to become temple Pujaris. Such is the absolute contempt for the sanctity of archakas and the hate towards Agama-shastras that are followed and imbibed in making of an archaka by sampradayas through years of training, discipline and parampara.
6. Destruction of ancient temples, lingams mentioned in Puranas and sadhana spaces to replace them with wide roads, “encroachment” free lands, and development in the name of commercial “Corridor” like Kashi, Mahakaal, Ayodhya, Mathura, Vindhyachal, Pandarpur, Kamakhya, and more, just to convert them to “tourist destinations”. Whats worse is that the contracts for building these temple corridors are awarded to non-Hindus. Is there no difference between Teerth and Tourism?
Targeting Hindu Festivals:
Banning Firecrackers on Diwali
A Supreme Court plea by Indian Social Responsibility Network (ISRN) in November 2020 was
for banning Diwali firecrackers despite empirical evidence of firecrackers playing no role in pollution.
ISRN’s governing body is dominated by BJP – Lalita Kumarmangalam (BJP, former head of National Commission for Women), Mallika Nadda (wife of BJP president J P Nadda), Om Prakash Saklecha (BJP MLA from MP), Sumeet Bhasin (Director-Public Policy Research Centre, BJP Social Media Committee-2019 Lok Sabha elections) and Vinay Sahasrabuddhe (BJP Rajya Sabha MP, heads BJP’s Public Policy Research Centre). The use of fireworks during election rallies, election victories, celebrations of New Year however never alerted this NGO to take action and educate people on the cons of firecrackers.
Appeasement Approach to Festival Holidays
In the land of Shiv, Ram and Krishna, what pains the heart is that MahaShivratri, Ram Navmi and Krishna Janamashtami are till date nothing more than an optional holiday for us. While, Eid ‘ul Fitr, Eid ‘ul Sura, Muharram and Eid-e-Milad are mandatory holidays. Bharat essentially has just 2 holidays out of 12 mandatory holidays dedicated to a culture that connects with its Temples, with its Ganga, with its Gau-dhan, and with its Gita. Is the “secular” nature of Bharat being furthered?
Banning or Curbing of Hindu Festivals
Atrocious sermons asking Hindus to either refrain from celebrating or have quiet celebrations of their festivals in order to maintain religious harmony. Stone pelting on Shobha Yatras of Ramnavmi, Hanuman Jayanti, Kawar Yatras, has gone up in the past 9 years. In Bihar’s Munger, IPS officer Lipi Singh – who has since been promoted as SP of Saharsa district by NDA government, fired and killed Anurag Poddar for being part of the procession of devotees taking out Durga Visarjan procession. After SC judgement on Ram Mandir, Hindus were urged to “quietly” celebrate so as to be sensitive to the Muslims and not mock them for their loss.
The Monster called “Triptikaran”:
In 2022, after the executive meeting of BJP held in Hyderabad, Narendra Modi addressed a gathering wherein he coined the term “Triptikaran” or “Fulfillment” by promising to replace “Tushtikaran” (appeasement) with “Triptikaran” (fulfillment). This slogan came from the same man who as Gujarat’s CM attacked the UPA government for practicing “Tushtikaran” (Muslim Appeasement) as he accused the Government of neglecting 75% of India’s population (Hindus) at the cost of 25% minorities. The gut-wrenching fact is that this slogan came exactly 4 days after Riaz Attari – a BJP Karyakarta from Rajasthan brutally beheaded Kanhaiyalal in Udaipur and gloated about it. The Hindu blood was on the boil when BJP threw its spokes-person – Nupur Sharma out and prostrated in front of Qatar. Such optics pointed to vote banks taking precedence over the Constitution and paved the way for dastardly acts of pure hate against Hindus.
Out of 303 MPs of BJP in Lok Sabha, not one spoke against the brutal and targeted murder of those who spoke in favor of Nupur Sharma or of those who supported the people standing with Nupur Sharma – 7 brutal murders – Kanhaiyalal, Nishank Rathore, Umesh Kolhe, Dharam Sahu, Shanu Pandey, Praveen Nettaru, Kishan Bharwad took place across Bharat ensuring the death of our fundamental right of “Freedom of Speech and Expression”. In order to boost the optics of BJP’s “Triptikaran”, the party also dismissed Naveen Jindal and threw out T Raja for their comments against Islam while Kajal Hindustani was jailed by Gujarat Police for her speech which urged Hindus to take measures of self-defense against the Abrahamics.
The RULLS data in Part 2 shows that the attacks on Hindus by the Abrahamics are on the rise and more so after 2019. What defies logic is the unabashed display of appeasement despite contradicting data. Here is a list of decisions that can only be seen as defying logic of metamorphosis from Tushtikaran to Triptikaran:
- Implementation of Sachar Committee: UPA government got booted out of power when former PM Manmohan Singh supported Sachar Committee’s recommendations that Muslims should have first claim to the resources of Bharat. Sadly, Narendra Modi’s Ministry of Minority Affairs has published its status on follow-up actions on implementations of the Sachar Committee as of 31st March 2019. Out of the 75 recommendations, 43 recommendations have already been implemented or are in the process of being implemented.
2. While our Muslim population is 14.2%, as many as 31.3% of homes under Awas Yojana, 33% of funds under Kisan Samman Nidhi, and 36% beneficiaries under Mudra Yojana, have been Muslims. So how is Modi anti-muslim? : Former UM Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
3. Minority morcha and MoMA data on the level of Muslim Appeasement is as shocking as it is eye-opening. The Modi government has surpassed previous governments in scaling new heights of Muslim appeasement.
4. The Modi government is now exploring ways to include Muslims under OBC reservation quota – essentially snatching away the rights of Hindus who come under OBC reservation.
5. UPSC training is given free to Muslims
6. There is Haj subsidy but no subsidies for Hindu Teertha Kshetras.
7. Welcoming illegal Rohingyas with open arms and bringing in policies to settle them, while persecuted Hindus from Pakistan await even basic access to clean water and electricity.
The authors encourage you to dig deeper and understand the demonic levels of “Triptikaran” that have been let loose on the Hindu population of Bharat through existing schemes and new schemes being launched every few months.
Is there a Way Out?
From strengthening WAQF, to giving EWS flats to Rohingya muslims, to “looting” the wealth of our temples shamelessly gets looted in broad daylight to keep feeding the monster of “Triptikaran”. Ever wondered what it would take for the Abrahamics to become “Tript”? The last we checked – it was when idol-worshippers would cease to exist.
There will be numerous methods available for our defense – some of the most basic and doable seem to be:
- Begin taking pride in our temples, their traditions, our Shastras and our heritage. Read at least one text that belongs to Hindus – The Gita, The Ramayana, The Mahabharata, or any other that you like.
- Stop giving money and gold to our temples that are under government control.
- Empower the archakas of temples under government control – give them the dakshina they deserve through electronic modes of transfer since the salaries given to them by the State are worse than what the security guard or the cleaning staff of the temple earns. The archakas of government controlled temples are serving their devata out of pure determination and devotion – they are upholding Dharma for us – let us as a hindu Society take the responsibility to take care of them and their family.
- Strengthen your local small temples and archakas by shram-daan, dhan-daan, anushtaan.
- KYV: Just like KYC (Know-Your-Customer), make sure you follow KYV (Know-Your-Vendor). Put your money where it doesn’t end up funding the forces who are out to eliminate you.
Conclusion to the Series:
Accountability kicks in when a decision is Objective. Subjectivity can only serve you for so long. This series is meant for the reader to think objectively rather than Subjectively. Be it buying a car or a house or a piece of clothing, we try to make an informed decision to the best of our ability. Then why shouldn’t there be an objective approach when electing a person to hand the reins of Bharat to? “सरकार हमारी है पर सिस्टम तो उनका है” is one of the lamest excuses doing the rounds today. If this skewed logic is to be believed in then what is the reason to vote at all? History is witness to the fact that the system and the people will follow whatever the king/leader follows.
The question is lot bigger and deeper than whether we should vote for BJP or congress. It’s actually not about picking a side at all. It is about what are our priorities as society or civilization, if I may. The problem right now that we see is that the voting process has become more person/party centric instead of policy centric. Let us get out of the mindset of “We don’t have an option..” or “If not Modi then who?” When a candidate (of any party) comes to the negotiating table asking for your vote, don’t just hand it to them, they should earn it by giving you or promising you what you want or eliminating items that you don’t want. and for this we need to have clarity of what we want and what we don’t want. We have been trying to bring this about through our Initiative “Breathing History”. We hope readers will see value to this clarity and extend their support to BH or any organization working for Dharma. Think again, if the political party knows that “You don’t have an option”, then what is your leverage in this relationship?
Dear Hindus, Think. Analyze. Decide. and then Act. Because there is a price on our heads and we are being hunted.
Shail Derashri Chemical Engineer and MBA by Qualification | AEE’s First Woman CEM of Bharat | Internationally Recognized and Awarded Energy Auditor | Root Cause Analysis Expert | Founder of Assets Alive | Student of Truth, Values, Stories and Learnings of Dharma
Varun Kulkarni Mechanical Engineer by qualification, Engineering manager by profession. Youtuber. History Enthusiast. Strong believer of Vedic values and Sanatan. ISHA Volunteer